Tuesday, 20 November 2012

A funny thing happened on Friday

I've mentioned before that I like regular expressions. Like recursion, and lamdas, they make me happy. Perhaps that's why I seem to be managing to understand what's going on in class. Because I really like regular expressions. That or they're just easy so far. Not really sure, but I'm just glad to be understanding something.

When I went into class on Friday, I thought I would be at a disadvantage. See, I had been in Wednesday's lecture, but I hadn't really been paying attention - I was busy studying for a CSC207 quiz (all content which didn't even end up the quiz I might add >_>). And I hadn't had time yet to go over the material. So I was expecting to be utterly lost. And yet, I wasn't. Everything was making sense. In fact, I wasn't just following along, I actually felt a step ahead at times. Then there was a question posed and something shocking happened.

I put up my hand and answered it.

What universe is this? I'm not sure. Like I said, perhaps it's because this material is just easy. Perhaps it's because I like it a lot more. Or maybe the way that I approach the class is starting to pay off. I think it's time to double down and really focus on this class now. I feel like if I just put in a bit more effort it's going to make a big difference. I am on the verge of doing very well.

1 comment:

  1. I was pretty shocked when your hand went up. I had assumed previously that you were way ahead of everybody else, and hence not engaging.

    ReplyDelete