Tuesday, 4 December 2012

#10

And so, after 10 fun filled sLOG entries, this adventure in computational theory has come to an end.

I won't lie and say I loved the course. There was nothing wrong with it, it just never really was the most interesting material to me (although I do love me some regular expressions). But it was definitely educational. I do feel I got a lot out of it, even if a lot of what I got out of it was years off my life from the stress of Assignments 2 and 3.

At the end of the day, I learned a lot about proofs and am much more comfortable with them than I was at the beginning. It's hard to believe there was a time when I thought CSC165 was hard. It seems like kindergarden compared to this course, but I guess that's the point. It shows that I learned a lot.

And like I said, it wasn't all painful for me. I really did like DFSAs, NFSAs and regular expressions. They are rather intuitive to me, and are of a subject I find a lot more interesting.

So now it's just study and get ready for the final exam. I honestly feel pretty good about it, despite my sometimes poor understanding of this course. I always somehow come through in the end with enough knowledge to not only pass, but actually get a decent mark so I'm not going to stress too hard. More than ever I feel confident with the material too, since I started focusing more on the course and studying it.

Anyway, good luck to everyone for the exam. And thanks to the professor and the TAs for having taught it well. As much as I may have been lost at times, it was never for lack of organization or teaching skills.

Time to wrap it up. Much like this adventure, this post also has to end. Carter signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment